Founded in 2009 LSF "Logistique sans frontières" a non-profit association was created by splitting the activities of the NGO CODEART into two associations:
- CODEART : management of South projects
- LSF : technical and logistic analysis
Based in Hombourg, Belgium both associations complement each other and share their experience in order to offer a more suitable and customized service to their respectif partners.
In 2017, in order to be more consistent with its activities and strategic vision,
LSF "Logistique sans frontières" was renamed T4D Technology For Development
Technology for Development
T4D provides rural family businesses of the South with equipment to strenghten their production capacity in terms of quantity and quality while reducing the hardship of labor.
T4D strenghtens the technical capacities of mechanical engineering workshops in the South at the service of farmers associations :
- provides technical equipment for workshops in the South. This can be either new sophisticated equipment or used equipment which is completely reviewed and documented by T4D before starting a second life in the South.
T4D trains the farmers of the South with the handling of these equipments and their maintenance :
- provides organizational advice and good practices to achieve the required levels of production quality.
- supplies raw material needed for the manufacturing.
- trains technicians and users referring to the handling of these equipments as well as their maintenance.
T4D is intended for any actor concerned by family farming in the South, with a view to deploy the agricultural machines developed by Codeart.
This may include :
- farmers organization,
- various organization leading development assistance (NGO...),
- other donores who are willing to support farmers and workshops in the South through fair loans.
A technical view on the planet
The technical solutions offered by T4D are developed according to the local needs with and for the local population.
- they are robust, energy efficient and non-polluting ;
- they can be repared and maintain on the site ;
- given their moderate purchase price and the gains in productivity and quality which they generate :
o they are affordable on the scale of small village communities.
o they are depreciated over a few months period.
If you have any questions, please contact us